Season 2016 – KiteGeneration, kiteschool in Cagliari, Sardinia (Italy), is looking for kite instructors and kite assistants (both male and female), fitting the description below, to start working for the 2016 season.
We are looking for serious applicants, motivated, outgoing, extremely patient with students, with skills and experience in teaching and with good adaptation skills.
Job position as Kite Instructor / Kitesurf Assistant
What we offer
- Fix Salary per month – fix salary (different for kite intructor or kite assistant) will be get by the kitesurf instructor / kite assistant at the end of the working month.
- Fix bonus per month in case of good performances – fix bonus (different for kite intructor or kite assistant) will be get by the kite instructor at the end of the working period.
- Fix Fee for accomodation / room in the historic center of Cagliari – fix fee for accomodation will be get by the kitesurf instructor / kite assistant at the end of the working month.
- Car to bring the students to the kite spots.
- Perfect conditions for teaching.
- A friendly working environment with like-minded people.
- An amazing working place: Sardinia.
Required skills to the kite instructor / kite assistant
- Previous experience in teaching kitesurfing. VDWS or any other national certification are welcome.
- Fluent in English. Other languages (French, German, Russian, Italian) are a plus.
- Good adaptation qualities: kite instructors / Kite assistants should be ready to answer to the phone, get the payments from clients, store/clean the equipment.
- Outgoing personality, social, respectful, polite, open-mind …
- Ready to teach according to KiteGeneration best practices and Sardinia rules.
- Car driving License
- Other skills that can be a plus:
- Can drive a boat, or willing to learn.
- SUP and Surf skills is a plus.
Kite Instructor Assignments
- Student Management: the instructor is in charge of greeting students, explaining course conditions, communicate lessons planning during the course, get payment from them if necessary and advising for equipment and additional services.
- Spot: the collaborator is in charge of reach selected spot for the class, driving the car with equipment and students.
- Teaching: the collaborator is in charge of teaching in all offered kite courses (Beginner, Advanced/Intermediate, and Renting) following National Certification/KiteGeneration standards and to teach SUP basics.
- Equipment: the collaborator is responsible for the selection of the equipment to be used during the lessons, maintenance (cleaning, checking for any damage…) and store to the school after use.
Note: When wind is not blowing or when the clients ask for a different services, we offer different activities like SUP, Snorkeling, Boat tours (see: www.visitoursardinia.com).
Work Conditions: in which conditions would work a kite instructor in Southern Sardinia
In Sardinia the prevalent winds are Mistral (North-West) and Sirocco (South-East).
In general the wind conditions are variable and wind could change direction everyday: one day the wind can blow from North-West, the day after from South-East, the next day could be Thermic wind. For this reason, spots for kitesurfing / kite lessons can change everyday. Usually the wind is blowing from 12:00 / 13:00 till 17:00 / 18:00.
Founded in 2009, our kiteschool is located in Cagliari, in the middle between the west and the east coast of Sardinia island in Italy. From Cagliari can easily reach all the most famous kite spots in southern Sardinia:
- Poetto beach the beach of Cagliari,
- Petrol Beach (20 min from Cagliari),
- Villasimius (approx 1 hour from Cagliari),
- Punta Trettu (approx 1 hour from Cagliari)
- Porto Botte (approx 1 hour from Cagliari).
More info on kite spots on Southern Sardinia can be found here: Kite Spots Sardinia.
Living in Cagliari
Cagliari is really a beautiful city.
There are all the services of a big city (shops, supermarkets, pubs, post, train station, airport, harbor, etc) but in the meantime is comfortable and livable (expecially the historical center of Cagliari that is like a village).
The easiest and cheapest way to reach Cagliari is a low cost flight. Cagliari has is own airport, Cagliari-Elmas airport, but in Sardinia there are also 2 more airports, Olbia and Alghero, To find a low cost flight with RyanAir, Easyjet, Volotea or Alitalia, from the most important cities of Europe, is not so complicated.
How to apply
All applicants should sent an email to email@example.com as follow:
- Objet of the email: Applicant for Kite Instructor / Kite Assistant
- Body of the email:
- Name and surname: ……..
- Date of birth: ……..
- Nationality: ……..
- Portrait photo: ……..
- CV with past experience / certifications.
- Presentation about you. ……..
- Why are you applicant for this job and what make you the ideal candidate for this job? ……..
- What makes you a good instructor? ……..
- Attachement: CV with previous experiences / certifications.