Costa Rei, in the South East of Sardinia, is a popular tourist destination well known for its beautiful beaches. Costa Rei is also a well known Kite Spot of Sardinia. On this page, you can find all info you need for kitesurfing Costa Rei.
- Kitesurfing Costa Rei: Kite Spot Description.
- Characteristics of Costa Rei.
- Kitesurfing Lessons in Costa Rei, Sardinia.
- Directions to Costa Rei.
- Kite Spots Near Costa Rei.
Costa Rei, part of the Municipality of Muravera, is famous for its crystal water and beautiful beaches.
In the area of Costa Rei area, that covers about 10 km of coast from Cala Sinzias to Porto Pirastu, there are several spots for kitesurfing all with different characteristics, even if all the kite spots are “wave” spots.
Costa Rei, like the East Coast of Sardinia, Is not a very windy place. But when the wind blows, the kite sessions are often fantastic.
The best winds for kitesurfing Costa Rei are the Grecale (NE) and the Tramontana (N), that blow side-onshore left side. Sometimes, it blows, during the sunny and warm days of the Summer season. a thermal wind (breeze) with an intensity of more than 14-18 knots. The thermal wind at Costa Rei is not easily predictable.
During the summer season, the beaches are very crowded and there are not kite lanes. Therefore, it is not always possible to kitesurf.
- Kite Spot Name: Costa Rei.
- Location: Municipality of Muravera, Province of Cagliari, South Sardinia.
- Kite Spot Type: Sandy, Wave.
- Minimum Required Level: intermediate / advanced.
- Best winds: Tramontana (N) – Grecale (NE).
- Wind for waves: Tramontana (N) – Grecale (NE).
- Water temperature 15 °C (winter) – 25 °C (summer).
- Wind range 12 – 35 knots.
- Facilities: parking, Bar.
- Things to do: kitesurfing, SUP.
- Distance from the centre of Cagliari: 50 Km.
- Distance from parking: < 1 min.
As seen above, in Costa Rei the weather conditions (wind is not always blowing) and the characteristics of the spot (waves, wind not easy, beaches crowded during the summer) make it difficult to organize kitesurfing lessons.
For this reason, our Kite School do not offer Kite lessons in Costa Rei.
KiteGeneration can instead propose:
- SUP lessons and Tours.
- Kite Lessons , but just in particular cases and weather conditions, in the near beach of Porto Giunco in Villasimius.
For more info, please Contact us.
Costa Rei is about 50 km from the center of Cagliari.
From Cagliari, get the new S.S. 125 till Costa Rei.
As we saw earlier, the beach of Costa Rei is a Wave Kite Spot. Therefore if you are a beginner and you like to take Kitesurfing Lessons, you have to consider the possibility of moving to another Sardinia Kite Spot.