Kitesurfing Funtanamare: Spot Features
- Minimun level required: Advanced
- Kind of Spot: Sandy
- Sea bed: Sandy/Rocky
- The best wind: Mistral, West
- Water shape: Choppy/Wave
- Wind for waves: North-west
- Distance from the centre of Cagliari: 60 km
- Distance from parking: < 1 min
- Water temperature: 15 °C (winter) – 25 °C (summer)
- Wind range: 12-40 Knots
Kitesurfing Funtanamare: Spot Description
Wide (3 km) and sandy beach, the kitesurfing spot of Funtanamare (Gonnesa, Sardinia) is a wave spot, exposed to winds from west: Mistral, Ponente and Libeccio.
Rocky banks at hundred yards from the beach make easy the creation of waves: a day with just 20 knots of Mistral can give waves of 2-3 meters.
Because of strong water flows and waves, this spot is recommend to advanced kiters only.
How to reach Funtanamare
From Cagliari get the S.S. 130 till Iglesias and then go on to Carbonia.
Few kilometers after passing the tunnel (pay attention on autovelox in this raod section!), turn right towards Funtanamare.