Geremeas is a famous tourist location in the Municipality of Quartu Sant’Elena, in the south of Sardinia. Close to Torre delle Stelle and Solanas, the bay of Geremeas, three kilometers long, has a crystalline sea and a white sand. Exposed to the winds of Mistral (NW), Ponente (W) and Libeccio (SW), with the strong wind Geremeas becomes spot for windsurfers and kitesurfers. Anyway, Kitesurfing Geremeas is quite complicated, so recommended to expert riders.
On this page you can find information on:
- Kitesurfing Geremeas: Kite Spot Description.
- Characteristics of Geremeas Kite Spot.
- Kitesurfing Lessons in Geremeas, Sardinia.
- Directions to Geremeas.
- Kite Spots Near Geremeas.
Geremeas, with its 3 km of white sand and crystal waters, is one of the most beautiful places of South Sardinia.
The beach of Geremeas becomes a good kite spot with certain wind conditions. This Kite spot of Sardinia works with Mistral (NW), Ponente (W) and Libeccio (SW). When the wind blows from north, the wind is very gusty. Mistral (NW) is usually quite gusty. Ponente (W), that in Geremeas blows onshore right side, is the best wind here and creates, when strong, good waves.
Geremeas is the only kite spot, near Cagliari, for kitesurfing with Mistral and onshore-side shore wind.
In Geremeas is not easy to launch and land the kite because of the gusty wind, the small dunes bihind the beach and the Mediterranean scrub. in addition, the sea bottom immediately becomes deep.
For those reasons, the Kite spot of Geremeas is recommended to expert riders.
During the Summer season the beach i crowded so is very hard to kitesurf.
Along the coast that goes from Cagliari to Villasimius, Geremeas is practically the only place where kiteusurfing is possible. In other places like Capitana, Torre delle Stelle, Solanas, Capo Boi, beaches and wind conditions are not suitable to kitesurf.
Although the “no days” for Kitesurfing are frequent, on a lucky day, you will bring home a memorable Kite session.
- Kite Spot Name: Kitesurf Geremeas.
- Location: municipality of Quartu Sant’Elena, Province of Cagliari, South Sardinia.
- Kite Spot Type: Sandy, Choppy / Waves.
- Minimul Required Level: Intermediate.
- Best winds: Ponente (W) – Libeccio (SW) – Mistral (NW).
- Wind for waves: Ponente (W) – Libeccio (SW).
- Water temperature 15 °C (winter) – 25 °C (summer).
- Wind range 8-40 knots.
- Facilities: parking.
- Things to do: kitesurfing, SUP, windsurf.
- Distance from the center of Cagliari: 30 Km.
- Distance from parking: < 1 minute.
As seen above, the Kite Spot of Geremeas has not easy characteristics (wind not easy, beach crowded during the summer season, depth water). So, it is not a kite spot for beginners and is impossible to kitesurfing lessons.
For this reason, KiteGeneration does not offer Kitesurf lessons at Geremeas.
KiteGeneration can instead propose:
- SUP lessons and Tours.
- Kitesurfing Lessons in the kite beaches near Cagliari (Poetto, Giorgino, Petrol Beach, Punta Trettu) and sometimes in Villasimius.
For more info, please Contact us.
Geremeas can be reached by following the provincial road 17 (strada Provinciale 17, the beautiful coast road to Villasimius) up to 18 km from Cagliari to Villasimius.
Coordinates of Geremeas Kite Beach: 39.166278, 9.380639
As we saw earlier, the beach of Geremeas is not a kite spot for beginners. Therefore if you are a beginner and you like to take Kitesurfing Lessons or improve your level, you have to consider the possibility to move to another Sardinia Kite Spot.