Would you like to take Kitesurfing Lessons in Sardinia in order to Learn to kitesurf?
In this page you could find all the main information to understand which are our kite coures and lessons, how is working our kite school and how we are managing the kite lessons and services.
- Our Kite Courses and Lessons
- Strengths of our Kite School
- Kite Camp Sardinia: Our Kite Camp Packages
- Where we are, Where and What time our classes take place
- Prices of our Kite Courses / Lessons, Kite Camp and Services
- General Notes on Kite Lessons and Courses
- Booking our Kite Lessons, Courses or Kite Camp Packages
Here under the kitesurfing courses and lessons proposed by our Kiteschool:
- Mini Kitesurfing Course
- Kitesurfing Course for Beginners
- Kitesurfing Course for Children
- Advanced / Intermediate / Refresher Kite Course
- Single Kite Lesson
- HydroFoil – Kite Foil and Race Lessons
Book your kite course and learn with us how to kitesurf or improve your kite level!
Course duration: Two consecutive hours, 1 day
The Mini Kitesurfing Course is the best way to discover kiteboarding! This Kite Course will take you through the steps of piloting a 4 line kite.
You will learn about safety and how important it is to this sport. Furthermore, you will be taken through the steps of equipment set up (you will learn how to arm the kite), launching and landing, and controlling.
Mini Kitesurfing Course is addressed to people that like to have a taste, an introduction of this sport
Try the Mini Kitesufing Course, we will bet that it will be not the last!
Mini Kitesurfing Course includes:
- theory (rules and security systems, winds, meteorology, kite flight theory);
- arming and de-arming a kite;
- taking off (or launching) and landing a kite;
- controlling a kite while flying in the different areas of the flight window.
New! From 10th June 2017, our Kite course for beginner has got two very important additional improvements to be added to the normal Kite Course!
- The First improvement: After 4 hours of lessons, our kiteschool will lend you (for the rest of the day) a Kite Trainer (totaly safe to be used after 4 hours of lesson) in order you could improve your kite control! In this way, at the second lesson, you will have a plus for continuing your kite course!
- The Second improvement: After each lessons, we will send you some documentation/tutorial where you could see what you have learned during the kite lesson with the instructor and learn additional notions that usually are not part of the lesson with the instructor!
The two above listed improvements, would be added for free to the normal kite course for beginners here below described.
Kite Course for Beginners: descriprion
The Complete Kitesurfing Course is addressed to beginners who like to learn to kitesurf, from the kite controlling untill the glinding on the water.
During the Kite Course for Beginners, you will learn how to pilot the kite with power and how to pilot the kite with one hand, you will learn tbe body dragging. Finally, with the Kite Course for Beginners, you will practice hot getting up on the board for your first ride.
We have different kind of Beginner Kite Course:
- Beginner Kite Course (8 hours of kite course, divided in 2/3 days)
- Super Beginner Kite Course (12 hours of kite course, divided in 3/4 days)
- Pro Beginner Kite Course (15 hours of kite course, divided in 4/5 days)
A longer course means better skills.
- Course duration: 8 hours, 12 hours, 15 hours depending on the level and chosen course
- Further info on Beginner Kite Course here.
Are you dreaming to be the next world champion of kitesurf? Or would you like just to learn a new fun sport like kitesurfing?
So Learn to Kitesurf with the Kitesurfing Course for children!
The Kitesurfing Course for kids, aimed to 8-14 years old children, is carried out with the same program of Kitesurfing Course for Beginners with some modifications based on age and weight of child and with a specific gear (kite, board, wetsuit, ect).
Advanced / Intermediate / Refresher Kite Course is addressed to people that have already done a kitesurfing course and would like to :
- improve riding
- learn riding upwind and come back to the starting point
- learn changing direction without falling into the water
- learn improving the kite style and learn jumping
- learn to ride a surfboard
Do it for getting a better kite level!
- Course duration: 2 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours, 15 hours depending on the level and chosen course. A longer course means better skills.
- Further info on Advanced / Intermediate / Refresher Kite Course here
If you already had a kitesurfing course and you lke to be followed for an hour for refreshing your kite knowledge, you could opt for a Single hour of Kite Lesson.
Single Kite Lesson is an individual training at customers wish (e.g.: Basics, Water start, Controlled riding, Riding upwind, Jumping, etc.).
Are you able to kitesurfing and are you looking for a new exciting kiteboard or a new kind of kitesurfing?
- Hydrofoil/Race Lessons duration: sessions of 2 hours
- Further info on Hydrofoil/Race Lessons here
Our kitesurfing Lessons and Courses are organized in order Kitesurfing will be easy to learn and to ensure fun and safety. We assure you that you will learn and / or you will improve in kitesurfing in the easiest, fastest and safest way!
There are many factors to be considered when choosing which kite school you might like to attend besides the sheer cost of kite lessons.
Factors as: coaching experience, safety approach (use of helmet, lifejacket, rescue boat), good teaching tools and methodology, private lessons rather than group, safe teaching spot (deep water, no shallow lagoons).
A good kite school have to lay emphasis on these factors and on the quality of its product.
In Sardinia we have been the first kite school to use the below listed kite teaching techniques, methodologies and gears. and, in many cases, we are still the only ones! In order to provide an excellent quality of kite lessons:
Our Instructors are qualified and experienced
All our kite instructors are Certified Instructors with many years experience, and with the skills to teach in all our spots and wind conditions.
During our kite lessons and courses we use the teaching methology of IKO and FIV (Italian Sailing Federation) recognized by ISAF, the International SAiling Federation / Sailing World).
Use of Two Way Kite Radio helmets
What does mean Two Way Waterproof Radio Helmets? Two Way Radio Helmets is a real time coaching tool which allows the coach to instantly train and provide feedback to the student and that allow student to replay and ask in real time too. This communication system enables the coach to communicate directly with the student that will instantly receive the instructor’s feedback and could immediately implement his advices. Benefits of this communication system is exceptional! KiteGeneration Kite School is the first kiteschool in Italy and one of the first in the world that is using Two Way Radio Helmets Waterproof! The same Radio Helmet System used by Obama!!
We propose only private or semi-private kite courses and lessons
We propose only semi-private (2/3 students and 1 instructor / 1 kite) or private (1 student and 1 instructor / 1 kite) kite lessons and courses. We don’t propose group lessons and courses (4 or more students).
Thanks to private or semi-private kite lessons and courses, the kite instructor is 100% focused on the student who can learn and improve as quickly and simply as possible.
Our kite school recommends, when possible, the semi-private kite lessons and courses (2 students – 1 instructor / 1 kite). The semi-private kite lessons, which guarantees an excellent value for money, are divided into sessions of 5/10/15 min each: when one of the two students is “training”, the other one can observe the exercises that the other classmate is doing and easily realize what are the mistakes to avoid and how to carry out the exercise in the proper way.
Photo and Go-Pro Video services for Kite Lessons (these two services are optional services)
With the Kite Go Pro Video Service, used in all the lessons from the water-start, the instructor will film part of your lesson and it will be easier for you to understand which moments / controlling you should improve and which mistakes you should avoid.
Alternatively you can have a Private Photo Shooting with a professional Camera. Within your session, our photographer only focuses on you and your tricks.
Are you looking for a Kite Camp in Sardinia to learn to kitesurf or to progress in kiteboarding?
Then choose the Kite Camp Sardinia of KiteGeneration and let the instructor allow you to achieve your goals!
Kite Camp Sardinia of KiteGeneration , could be both for beginners that would like to learn to kitesurf and for intermediate / Advanced riders that would like to progress in kiteboarding.
Our Kite Camp includes:
- Kite Course
- Kite equipment for kite courses
- Accommodation in the historical center of Cagliari (accommodation in other locations are not foreseen by our Kite Camp package)
- Shuttle Service with the instructor, from Cagliari to the Kite Spots (refer to the here under General Notes on Kite Lessons and Courses)
- Kite card and assurance, kite certificate.
Kite Camp duration: 3 days, 5 days, 7 days depending on the Kite Camp
Further info on Kite Camp Holiday here
Where we are and were we we teach kitesurfing
KiteGeneration is a Kiteschool based in Cagliari, Sardinia.
Usually our classes are taken in the spots around Cagliari (15-20 minutes by car from the city center) or in the south-west-east coast of Sardinia (approximately 1 hour by car from the city center), depending on the blowing wind.
Depending on wind conditions, the spots that we reach and where we teach kitesurf are:
- Poetto Beach of Cagliari
- Giorgino Kite Beach of Cagliari
- Petrol Beach
- Punta Trettu
- Porto Botte
During the summer season, because a lot of people at the main beaches, our lessons take place in places between Giorgino, Petrol Beach, Punta Trettu and Porto Botte (as per above, we choose the spot depending on wind conditions).
Obviously we cannot be sure there will be wind all the days, but moving in different spots we could offer classes almost everyday. In case it will be impossible to complete your course because of lack of wind you will be refunded in proportion to the taken hours. No refund is provided for other reasons no depending by us or by weather conditions.
Many people will wonder: which is the best spot for kite surfing in Sardinia, the most beautiful, the one where the wind always blows?
Well, there is not!
In Sardinia the wind direction changes very often. It may be that Mistral wind (north west, the best with Mistral are spots Porto Botte and Punta Trettu) or Scirocco (south east, the best spots with Sirocco are Poetto, Petrol Beach, Chia) for a whole week. Or it may be that the Mistral blows for a day, the day after will blow the thermic wind and then scirocco, Grecale or Libeccio (the best place with Libeccio are Geremeas and Villasimius).
What time our kite classes start
In order to have a look on prices for kitesurfing courses, lessons and services, go to the prices page by clicking here.
- Kitesurfing Courses and Lessons include all the technical equipment (wetsuit, helmet, bar and lines, kite, harness, board, etc.);
- Shuttle Service to the Kitesurfing spots could be offered from Cagliari, with a daily fee. People that like to take this service, will move with the instructors. Expecially during the summer season, the instructors could have several courses: in this case, the people that have the shuttle service with them, should wait that they finish their lessons before to go back. People that would like to go back immediately after their kite lessons, could ask for a private driver/shuttle service by paying an extra cost (depending on the spot distance from Cagliari the price may vary from 30 to 100 euros: e.g 30 euro from Giorgino, 80 euro from Punta Trettu, 100 euro from Porto Botte; the taxi costs more or less twice than the private shuttle service). Kite Camp Packages includes the normal shuttle service (shuttle service with the instructor).
- The Kitesurf is suitable for everyone who has a good health and that is capable to swim; only the Mini Kite Course for Beginners could be suitable for people with good health but not capable to swim.
- We strongly recommend to avoid the “do it yourself” on kitesurf in order do not be dangerous for yourself and the others people (see the page “why it is recommended to attend a course of kitesurf”);
- The individual attitudes for learning kitesurf can be very different from student to student: they can depend on age, practiced sports, athletic and mental conditions, etc; therefore the time required for learning kitesurf can be different for each student. With the Beginner Kite Course the instructors of Kitegeneration bring the students to control the kite and to have at least the first water-start and glide on the water.
Would like to enjoy Kitesurfing in Sardinia with us?
So now you should fill our Kite Form that you can find at this page. by following the instructions.
In case you have some doubts or you need more information, you can read the notes at our services/prices page and our FAQs. Then, if you still need further clarifications, please contact us by using our contact form.
Thanks and …. anyway, have a good stay and a good wind in Sardinia 🙂