Poetto, the beach of Cagliari, offers perfect conditions both for kite beginners and advanced riders.
Kitesurfing Poetto Beach: Spot features
- Minimun level required: Medium
- Kind of Spot: Sandy
- Sea bed: Sandy
- The best wind: South-east, Libeccio
- Water shape: Choppy/Wave
- Wind for waves: South-east
- Distance from the centre of Cagliari: 5 km
- Distance from parking: < 1 min
- Water temperature: 15 °C (winter) – 25 °C (summer)
- Wind range: 12-30 Knots
- Coordinates of Sixth Bus Stop of Poetto beach of Cagliari: 39.207583 , 9.168477
Poetto beach is the beach of Cagliari and home spot of KiteGeneration.
Poetto, wide about 9 km from la Sella del Diavolo (Devil’s Saddle) tii Margine Rosso, is generally divided in several “fermate” (bus stops) to identy the various stretches of the beach,
It is easy and funny both for beginners and expert riders.
The most frequent winds are the sea breeze, Scirocco, Levante (onshore winds) and the Mistral (off-shore).
Sometimes, when the wind blows more than 30 knots, the spot becomes extreme and it is recommended to expert only.
During the summer season, because of high number of bathers, Kite surfing lessons for:
- intermediate and advance riders,
- beginners that are at the water start level,
take place to different kite spots.
Poetto Beach is one of the most windy spots in Europe: for this reason, it has been chosen for several Kitesurfing, Windsurfing and Sailing Championships such as:
- 2014 Kite Race Worl Champioship for Youth and Master
- 2012 Kite World Championship
- 2014-2017, Luna Rossa Challenge in Cagliari for America’s Cup.
How to reach Poetto beach
From the center of Cagliari, get Viale Diaz till Viale Poetto that lead to the beach.