Porto Botte is a kite spot super with Mistral that blows onshore and gives flat water. Wind of Ponente (west) can be good. Other winds are usually not working well. For that reason KiteGeneration gives Kitesurfing Lessons in Porto Botte just in case of Mistral.
Kitesurfing Porto Botte: Spot features
- Minimun level required: Beginner
- Kind of Spot: Sandy
- Sea bed: Sandy
- The best wind: Mistral, South-West, South-east
- Water shape: Flat/Choppy
- Wind for waves: –
- Distance from the centre of Cagliari: 80 km
- Distance from parking: < 1 min
- Water temperature: 15 °C (winter) – 25 °C (summer)
- Wind range: 12-40 Knots
Kitesurfing Porto Botte: Spot description
In the bay of Porto Botte there are three spots for kite surfing:
- Il Fortino (The fort), in the north of the bay, home of Kitesurf Sardinia kiteschool, where there are very few swimmers not being a perfect area for bathing,
- Porto Botte al centro (Porto Botte center bay), in the middle of the bay, where the Municipality of Giba annually install, during the summer season, a kite lane,
- Is Solinas, in the south of the bay, the most beautiful part of Porto Botte with a beautiful sandy beach with that, for this reason, during the summer season is full of swimmers.
Kitesurfing in Porto Botte is easy for beginners, which can safely make practice and go back to the start point by walk, and good for expert kiters too that can enjoy the big spaces for their tricks.
The spot is super with Mistral that blows onshore and gives flat water.
How to reach Porto Botte
From Cagliari get the S.S. 130 to Carbonia then continue to Sant’Antioco till the village of San Giovanni Suergiu. Once in San Giovanni Suergiu, continue to Giba direction (for around 5 Km) till Porto Botte.