Kite courses in Punta Trettu
Punta Trettu, in the South West coast of Sardinia, not far from Porto Botte and Sant’Antioco, is one of the kite spots where KiteGeneration, during the days of Mistral (North-West) or strong Scirocco (South-East), gives kitesurfing courses.
Kitesurfing Punta Trettu: Spot features
Minimun level required: Beginner
- Kind of Spot: Sandy
- Sea bed: Sandy
- The best wind: Mistral
- Water shape: Flat/Choppy
- Wind for waves: –
- Distance from the centre of Cagliari: 85 km
- Distance from parking: 10 min
- Water temperature: 15 °C (winter) – 25 °C (summer)
- Wind range: 12-40 Knots
Important note about kitesurfing in Punta Trettu
In Punta Trettu, in the South of Sardinia, people that like to kite surfing has to do it just in certain areas.
Although Punta Trettu is a place where there is almost total absence of bathers because the shallow and muddy water, because the vegetation and the availability of just a little beach, there are areas where kitesurfing is absolutely prohibited. Areas where it is not allowed to kitesurf are:
- the north / west part of the spot where is present a boat navigation channel (see image here below);
- the north-eastern part of the spot where fishermen’s nets are often installed.
Who will do kite in the above described areas, could incur into a huge fine from the captaincy (sea police).
Kitesurf in Punta Trettu: Spot Description
Punta Trettu, located in the district of San Giovanni Suergiu close to the village of Matzaccara, Sant’Antioco and Porto Botte, is one of the spots where KiteGeneration, during the days of Mistral, moves for kite lessons (take a look on our kite courses).
Punta Trettu is a perfect spot to learn to kitesurf as beginners who take lessons with an instructor can benefit from a very shallow and flat water.
In Punta Trettu have been identified three (3) sea areas (see the picture “Punta Trettu areas for kitesurfing“) for kitesurfing / where is absolutely forbidden to kitesurf:
- route boats area, where kitesurfing is absolutely forbidden,
- area dedicated to the schools for the kite courses / lessons,
- area dedicated to the kiters with an intermediate or advanced level, not having lessons with an instructor (in this area be careful to the muddy bottom and fishermen networks).
How to reach Punta Trettu
From Cagliari, get the S.S. 130 to Carbonia, then continue to Matzaccara and finally to Punta Trettu.