Punta Trettu is a location in the south-west of Sardinia, in Italy, in the municipality of San Giovanni Suergiu, exactly in front of the island of Sant’Antioco. Matzaccara is the nearest inhabited center even if, for the most important services, the closest town are San Giovanni Suergiu and Sant’Antioco. Punta Trettu has become famous as one of the Best Sardinia Kite Spots and one of the Europe Best Kite Spots. This is the reason why Punta Trettu is often associated with Kitesurfing. Punta Trettu, Kite Punta Trettu, Punta Trettu Kitesurf, Kitesurfing Punta Trettu are therefore now commonly considered synonyms.
Punta Trettu is a strip of land surrounded by the sea that point straight (Punta Trettu, this is the origin of the name) to the town of Sant’Antioco.
In Punta Trettu is located one of our Kite & Surf Centers. In our center of Punta Trettu you will find everything you need for Kitesurfing and other sports like Windsurf, SUP and Surf, you could rent bikes and join to Boat Tours, or relaxing with Beach Volley or with some drinks and snacks. In the Kitesurf center of Punta Trettu you could also book some bedrooms, all with private bathroom, if you wish to stay in Punta Trettu for some days.
Here on the page, you could find information on the Kite Spot (e.g rules, maps, etc) and also info on our Kitesurf Center.
- Kitesurfing Punta Trettu: Kite Spot Description.
- Characteristics of Punta Trettu Kite Beach.
- Kite Zone Maps of Punta Trettu.
- Punta Trettu Kite & Surf Center by KiteGeneration
- Kitesurfing Lessons in Punta Trettu, Sardinia.
- Directions to Punta Trettu.
- Kite Spots Near Punta Trettu.
Punta Trettu is considered one of the best Sardinia kitesurfing Spot, probably one of the best of Europe.
Located close to the kite spots of Sant’Antioco and Porto Botte, Punta Trettu is a perfect spot for kitesurfing. In fact, because the shallow water almost everywhere, the water is really flat and the riders can stand up and walk for hundreds meters.
The kite spot of Punta Trettu is considered a lagoon because almost completely surrounded by land. In truth. in Punta Trettu the sea water is current and the flows are created a sea natural channel, that runs along the island of Sant’Antioco, where the boats can navigate.
Punta Trettu is a perfect kite spot of Sardinia especially for beginners that can learn to kitesurf in a safe kite spot with shallow and flat water.
The best winds for kitesurfing in Punta Trettu are the Mistral (blowing from North-West) and the Scirocco (blowing from South-East). Even strong winds from South work well. The winds from West or South West could be enough good if they really blow strong.
Punta Trettu is one of the Kite Spots of Sardinia where KiteGeneration offers kitesurfing lessons and other services. In fact, here in Punta Trettu is located our Punta Trettu Kitesurf Center where you could find everything you need for Kitesurfing and to enjoy other sports like Windsurf, SUP, Surf, Mountain Bike, Beach Volley. You could find also the possibility to join to Boat Tours or relax with some drinks and snacks. In the Punta Trettu Kitesurf Center you have the possibility also to book some bedrooms , all with private bathroom, for people wishing to stay in Punta Trettu for some days.
So … Come to Punta Trettu and enjoy great emotions!
- Kite Spot Name: Punta Trettu.
- Location: Municipality of San Giovanni Suergiu, Province of Carbonia Iglesias, South Sardinia.
- Kite Spot Type: Sandy, Flat and Shallow water.
- Minimum Required Level: Beginner.
- Best winds: Mistral and Scirocco.
- Wind for waves: No Wind for Waves, Flat Water Spot.
- Water temperature 15 °C (winter) – 25 °C (summer).
- Wind range 12-40 knots.
- Facilities: Parking, Bar, Accommodations; Bike, Windsurf, Sup, Kitesurf, Beach Volley; Kite Zone.
- Distance of the Kite Beach from the center of Cagliari: 85 Km.
- Distance of the Kite Beach from parking: 10 min.
In Punta Trettu, Three Sea Zones have been identified:
- Two (2) Zone for kitesurfing;
- One (1) zone where is absolutely forbidden to kitesurf.
In fat, although Punta Trettu is a place where there is almost total absence of swimmers because of the shallow water and the dense vegetation, in Punta Trettu there are some areas where kitesurfing is absolutely forbidden (No Kite Zones).
People that will kitesurf in those No-Kite Zones, can incur into a huge fine from the sea police and guard coast.
The Two Zones of Punta Trettu where Kitesurfing is allowed are:
- one area dedicated to the kite schools having kite courses / lessons.
- one area dedicated to the independent riders (intermediate or advanced), not having lessons (in this area the water is not always shallow).
To well understand the Kite Zones of Punta Trettu, please refer to the picture and to the video.
The Zones of Punta Trettu where Kitesurfing is not allowed are:
- The boat channel where boats can navigate.
- The zones of Punta Trettu dedicated to the fishermen where fishermen’s nets are often installed.
As said before, Punta Trettu, in the South-West coast of Sardinia, not far from Porto Botte and Sant’Antioco, is one of the Sardinia kitesurfing spots where KiteGeneration Kiteschool is offering kitesurfing Lessons.
Perfect conditions for Kitesurfing lessons in Punta Trettu can be found with the winds of Mistral and Scirocco.
From Cagliari, get the S.S. 130 to Carbonia, then continue to Matzaccara and finally to Punta Trettu.
Here under, the coordinates of the main places of Punta Trettu.
- Punta Trett Parking: 39.118079, 8.439772
- Punta Trettu Kite Beach: 39.112367, 8.437019
- Kite Punta Trettu Kitesurf School: 39.118725, 8.445074
Although Punta Trettu remains perhaps the best Sardinia kitesurfing spot for beginners, in the South West of Sardinia, there are other kitesurfing Spots:
- The Kite Spots in the Sant’Antioco’s island, pratically all for expert riders.
- The Kite Spot of Porto Botte, great with the wind of Mistral that blows side onshore and create a choppy water.
- The Kite Spot of Funtanamare, a very good wave spot.
- The Kite Spot of Porto PIno beach, a really beautiful beach where the winds are almost always gusty.