Kitesurfing Quartu Sant’Elena: Spot features
- Minimun level required: Beginner
- Kind of Spot: Sandy
- Sea bed: Sandy
- The best wind: South-east, South-West
- Water shape: Choppy/Wave
- Wind for waves: South-east
- Distance from the centre of Cagliari: 8 km
- Distance from parking: < 1 min
- Water temperature: 15 °C (winter) – 25 °C (summer)
- Wind range: 12-30 Knots
Kitesurfing Quartu Sant’Elena: Spot description
This spot is named “Le Torrette“ because of the forts of II World War on the beach.
In addition to winds described in the spot “Poetto”, here it is possible kitesurfing with Mistral that, even if off-shore and gusty, comes with a super flat water.
The spot is not “workable” in the summer season because of the many bathers and the unavailability of kitesurf launch areas.
How to reach Le Torrette
From Cagliari, get Viale Poetto till the beach.
From Quartu S. Elena, get Via Colombo, till the beach.
Arriving from S.S. 554 or Villasimius, simply get Cagliari direction.